[PD] Pd performance at TED

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Sun Jun 19 14:37:36 CEST 2011

thanks for the link HC...

it seems quite sad to me that the first performance with pd at ted has to be
this.
With all the respect due to Onyx, but using control sensor to play as a dj
seems a technological parody.

Besides, the whole system looks a bit clunky, doesn't it?

It surprises me how, among all the beautiful and efficient project in this
field (made in Pd and not), this got to TED.
Well, of course the motivation of his performance there is not "he's using
Pd"
:)

my 2 cents

> I just wanted this performance by Onyx Ashanti as part of the TED Talks
> stuff.  Its quite a nice performance using live sensor control of Pd:
>
> http://www.ted.com/talks/onyx_ashanti_this_is_beatjazz.html
>
> It looks like you can even see Pd on the screen behind him.
>
> .hc
>
> --
Marco Donnarumma
Independent New Media and Sonic Arts Professional, Performer, Instructor
ACE, Sound Design MSc by Research (ongoing)
The University of Edinburgh, UK
Portfolio: http://marcodonnarumma.com
Lab: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net