[PD] CVs

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 19:04:19 CEST 2011

Picking this great thread up again, hope
that's okay;

I have a feeling that logical consistency didn't bother
the ancients quite so much Bryan. My guess is that's
more of a rational, Enlightenment hangup.

If Socrates played language games with "truth" it was a
playful poking mankind with sharp sticks, not an anxiety
about nature itself. All those pre-Socratics (Anaximander,
Thales etc) were on a very confident footing about the world,
basically; as for Wittgenstein much nearer our own time, "the
world is whatever is the case" (where the case may vary from
time to time). The concern back then was more about human
values and representations, after such terrible wars the basis
of everything fell into question.

What Plato tried to address in thought, like Godel in logic
was that we are "incomplete", if there is universality, a
one, a good, and there is an I to observe it, but still be
of the one, it must invoke a third concept, an existential
relation. And that's where the tear begins. Here in the 21st
Century the wound still bleeds. Extending Korzybski's map and
territory, the system is not the society, the sample is not the
sound... etc

a.

mystical ways, qualities of the one.. axes or poles,
like light and dark, but