[PD] CVs

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jun 21 03:15:01 CEST 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Andy Farnell wrote:

> What Plato tried to address in thought, like Godel in logic was that we
> are "incomplete", if there is universality, a one, a good, and there is
> an I to observe it, but still be of the one, it must invoke a third
> concept, an existential relation. And that's where the tear begins. Here
> in the 21st Century the wound still bleeds.

Is it bleeding or is that just something said from the perspective of
innocence, as if in a previous world, logic would have been complete ?

If a complete and consistent self-referential logic system is impossible,
then this is something that has to be accepted as having been always true,
and our conception of the world has to be rebraided according to that
truth. It's not useful to keep holding an old ideal of universality that
looks like a measuring stick with which we assess an increasing rift
between our fantasies and the consciousness of our own limits.

Gödel in the Garden of Eden bites into the fruit of [...] and it all went
downhill from there. ;)