[PD] pd-con 2011: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Moritz Schell moritz.schell at uni-weimar.de
Mon Jun 20 19:51:16 CEST 2011

To all who are interested in composing for the weimar carillon at the
pd-con:
we collected your questions - answers see below...

which are the possibilities of nuances of amplitude of the "porcelain-
carillon"?

- technically there are no "nuances" for the touch-response: once you
played a note the mechanical hammersystem hits the bell with the same
intensity.

Repeat rate of a single bell / speed of execution of melody?

- we just sent a request to the guys who build the carillon if there
is any limitation (techically/concerning "health" of the bells). As
soon as we have an answer we'll let you know. As far as we tested the
carillon with a MIDI-Keyboard there were no limitations except the
speed of our fingers :)

but the lowest note is sounding rather  an a (midi 57) instead of an A
(midi 45).

- thanks hans for this comment! you seem to be right... The lowest
note is an a (midi 57)

Is there a full polyphony resp. how many voices can be played
simultaneously?

- as far as we know there is a full polyphonic response. In principle
you can play 35 bells simulaneously...

thanks a lot for the nice feedback, keep on questioning if things are
not clear and check the Wiki-page, we'll update it frequently.

best

frederic and moritz

Moritz Schell
MKG, Master