[PD] Pd performance at TED

Tyler Leavitt thecryoflove at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 04:15:56 CEST 2011

I think a lot of the folks who are disappointed with this being at TED are
frustrated because they are looking at it from an academic standpoint or at
least looking at it as a non-performer. You have to remember that he is
performing, and on top of that, probably trying to make a living as a
performer. For christ's sake his name is Onyx Ashanti and he made a new name
for his music, "beatjazz" =). It's a little over-the-top and mediocre if you
are expecting some ground-breaking, concept piece or a technical
demonstration of the capabilities of Puredata... but it's not. This guy is
an entertainer who is probably combining his love of electronics with his
love of music... I don't see anything wrong with that.

Plus... isn't this just an audition?