[PD] Pd performance at TED

J bz jbeezez at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:40:40 CEST 2011

I think it's a shame that in this day and age we are still promoting the
concept of high and low culture and so protective of peoples narrow
definition of what Pd is and for.

I do a fair amount of improv with Pd and it's a hell of a simpler gig
playing to 18 chin-scratching middle class people aged 40+  sat on chairs (I
include myself in that description) than 400 braying clubbers demanding you
make them dance NOW!

During Hip Hop's more militant times people like Ice T would refuse to diss
someone like MC Hammer, for example.  They took the attitude that he was one
of them, doing his best, and making headway in an industry that was the site
of the real battleground.

Jb