[PD] Pd performance at TED

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:07:13 CEST 2011

Totally agree with you.

A nice illustration of the importance of the context : One of the students
in my school is from Kinshasa. He was in my office one day and i asked him
if he knew Konono N°1. He said yes, i know them, they play a very
traditional kind of music, they are invited to play at funerals. A few weeks
later i told him that Konono was playing in Paris the next week-end. He
looked surprized. He said there are dozens of other bands who play this kind
of music in Congo.

The context always matters. We rarely invent anything at all.

Pierre