[PD] midi input doesn't work on Windows?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:25:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

I had used midi input and output for years in Windows on many machines
and with different midi devices without issues.

Now I'm testing an M-AUDIO midisport 2x2 on Windows 7 on a virtual box.

In Pd, the midi sport's "in A" and "in B" are listed so I can select
them as midi input.

However, I don't receive anything.

With Midi OX I can see the incoming messages, so the device and the
drivers do work. I'm sending note on's, control changes and program
changes, but neither [ctlin] nor [notein] nor [pgmin] out anything.

Am I missing something or is midi input broken?

This is Pd Extended 0.42.5.

By the way when I select the midi input device it shows a warning on the
console:
Warning: midi input is dangerows in Windows\; see Pd Manual)

[sic, with the "\;" and the ")"]

which I had never seen before.

Any ideas?

I know it is a virtual box but if MidiOX shows the incoming messages it
means the device and drivers are working properly, no?

thanks
m.