[PD] Speech Recognition OSX

patrick puredata at 11h11.com
Mon Jun 27 17:35:51 CEST 2011

hi mark,
> yeah figured that.... which I can make works for what im doing (i
> think) although full dictation or semi-dictation would be more
> ideal....

it is possible to write a grammar for Julius / kiku, see the documentation:

http://julius.sourceforge.jp/en_index.php?q=en_grammar.html
(using FILLER, in your case, will be useful)

then you just need to change ~/kiku/language/julius.conf

remove
    -w dictionary
add
    -dfa grammar.dfa (you have to create this file)
    -v dict (already included with the English language)

this will allow dictation in kiku, but since the English acoustic model
is not yet ready for dictation it might not work that well. anyone who
have some time and is a native English speaker, please contribute to
voxforge:

http://voxforge.org/home/read

à+