[PD] Pd "monosymphonia"

Tyler Leavitt thecryoflove at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:55:02 CEST 2011

I have been working on a generative patch of my own and have been
contemplating different methods of exhibiting it myself. In my school's art
department (of which I am majoring in) there is not much awareness of
computer/sound art, and I was thinking if I could get some other works to
display I could put together a sort of exhibit of Puredata/generative
patching...

I'm not sure how it would look, but I was considering something as simple as
a wall of 4 or 5 headphones on a hook that people could walk up to and
listen to at their leisure (kind of a play on the traditional method of
display for paintings). Maybe a little placard next to it with a blurb by
the artist about their methods/conceptions behind the work. I don't know...
I was going to further contemplate it before I asked the board, but since
you've brought it up...

Any other suggestions on how to exhibit generative patching?

Tyler