[PD] pdp removing v4l in favour of v4l2 [WAS] Re: Pd-extended build for Ubuntu 11.04 x64 ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jun 29 16:08:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> So following the radical approach of totally getting rid of v4l in
> favour of v4l2 here's my first attempt where I brutally replaced
> pdp_v4l.c with the contents of pdp_v4l2.c,

Does V4L2 totally support PWC cameras' special options ?

I ask because V4L1 has an extension for it, and V4L2 doesn't, so, I was
wondering whether V4L2 could cover all of PWC's options.

If not, then it's a good idea to use pdp_v4l.c in order to get to special
features of those cams. (Though that doesn't work with most recent
kernels... I just have to not upgrade it)