No subject

Thu Jun 30 16:31:28 CEST 2011

BTW the subject of this email should read "24 bit aif files distorted"

Best,

Peiman

On 08/19/2011 03:50 AM, peiman khosravi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to pd (moving slowly from max to pd) so please forgive my ignorance.
>
> It seems that either "soundfiler" or "tabread4~" can't read 24 bit aif

tabread4 doesn't know anything about 24bit. in Pd, internally all
samples are handled as floats, and objects that read data from disk or
write to disk (e.g. [soundfiler]) are responsible for converting from/to
any other format.

there was a thread recently on this list about problems with 24bit samples.
you might want to have a look at the archives.

fgmasdr
IOhannes