No subject

Thu Jun 30 16:31:28 CEST 2011

A tutorial by mike dixon:
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/11/howto-hacking-rjdj-with-p.html

Both are iphone-oriented, but they contain very useful informations on how
to start. Other resources:

Some example scenes (very good base to learn):
http://download.rjdj.me/pdutils/examplescenes.zip

Rjlib, a collection of useful abstractions to build your scenes, and the
abstractions you need to run a scene in pure data on a pc:
https://github.com/rjdj/rjlib

Pd everywhere, on noisegroups. Here are some interesting discussions about
this topic, like the following one:
http://noisepages.com/groups/pd-everywhere/forum/topic/sceneplayer-for-android-vs-rjdjs-scene-player/

I just started to deal with this stuff, and i have still many doubts and
difficulties. For example, i still couldn't understand how to download
scenes from the rjdj website on my android phone, it seems you just can do
this with an iphone. I hope anyone reading this thread has some useful hints
:)

athos

--001517741958141ae304aba8cccd

lockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px =
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
I plan on buying my very first smartphone in the next few days. I want a ph=
one running Android since it appears to be the best platform to run Pd. I m=
 just not quite sure about the way Pd can be used with a smartphone<br>
hout gui (calling them=20
&quot;scenes&quot;) giving you the possibility to use the smartphone&#39;s =
touchscreen
 and accelerometer as controllers for the patches. So, you still need your =
pc to edit patches, but you can &quot;use&quot; them on the phone. Rjdj is =
for iphone,=20
but you can download an rjdj scene player for android devices here:<br>
r here:<br><br>
redata.info/pdlab/libpd/</a><br>
cenes&quot; and Pd Test,=20
it should be something similar to scene player but honestly I couldn&#39;t=
=20
understand how to use it, i can just test sound (maybe it&#39;s intended=20
just for that?). Here are some resources on how to build pd-patches for=20
rjdj/scene-player.<br>