[PD] receiving messages in [expr] ?

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:40:02 CEST 2011

Nice obvious one there, Funs, you can't hear noise against noise :p

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:17:16 +0200
Subject: Re: [PD] receiving messages in [expr] ?
From: funsseelen at gmail.com
To: jbturgid at hotmail.com; Pd-list at iem.at

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Andrew Faraday <jbturgid at hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm liking the look of this to streamline a few patches. Only trouble is there doesn't seem to be an audio rate version. So Funs' patch will give you zipper noise. [value] doesn't seem to have an audio alternative. Which is fine as it's like a combination of [s] and [f], but it does mean you can't receive audio values in [expr~]... as far as I can tell.

Andrew

O, my patch was just a wink to the `headphone' topic. It seems to me that connecting [catch~ mysignal] to $v2 in [expr~] is the proper way, although I cannot distinguish zippernoise from clipped [noise~] in the example. Isn't an audio version of [value] an impossibility? How would you store a signal?

--Funs