[PD] programming messages

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 03:40:44 CEST 2011

Hello,
     Look in doc/manuals/pd-msg.  Specifically, a good "cheat sheet" is:
doc/manuals/pd-msg/1.msg_and_patch

You can also see them go by in a terminal window if you start pd with the flag:
-d 2

Just ignore the tcl canvas id at the beginning of the message-- everything following it should

show you the message you would need to reconstruct whatever action you're performing inside

the patch.  (As a hack, you can actually use that output with [qlist] to record and playback your own

patching habits, which comes in handy for live coding. :)

-Jonathan