[PD] sending image from of / libpd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Aug 28 05:21:18 CEST 2011

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011, ronni montoya wrote:

> Hi , Do anybody is working with openframeoworks and libpd? i would like
> to develop an application that interpret pixels as sounds using libpd
> addon on openframeworks. I was wondering which would be the best way for
> sending images(opencvimages ) or pixels arrrays from openframeworks to
> pd using libpd and receiving it in pd for interpreting it as sound in
> real time. Do anybody have tried soemthing like this? any idea?

You can make yourself tilde externals for pd, that you embed in your
libpd-based app... e.g. one or two outlets, no inlets.

You just call the setup-functions of the externals just after initialising
libpd... the externals don't need to be separate files (dll, so, dylib) :
they can be part of your main executable instead, which is easier.

I already do that with non-tilde externals. (Haven't had a reason to make
tilde externals in that context yet).