[PD] DVD video. Sound produced with PD‏.

Ricardo Cedeño drnn_1076 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:07:46 CEST 2011

HI,
I uploaded a version for internet of my recent work in video Topografias (Topographies). The videos are in Theora format for HTML 5 capable browsers (FF3.5+ or Chrome).

the videos I mixed the visual style of topographic drawings with live
footage; I produced all sound in realtime using oscilloscopes and FM
synthesis in Pure Data.  All the materials were edited and produced
using only GNU/GPL software.

        This work explores the hybrid visual territories in moving image through the
manipulation and mix of long shots with topographic imagery and
compression artifacts. The hybrid visual character of the output
prevents making any reference of time, space, and narrative to the
original material and it centres the attention on its artificial and
unreal aspect. Documentation in the web site only available in Spanish.

Link to the videos
http://pktweb.com/topografias/online_topografias.html

Any comment and critique will be more than welcome.

Ricardo Cedeño Montaña, M.Sc.