[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Sep 26 17:26:27 CEST 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 12:54 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 05:33:22PM -0700, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>> If you are planning on making substantial contributions to Pd
>> Vanilla,
>
> I wouldn't say I'm "planning" on it -- more that I'd like to keep
> that option
> open.
>
>> you should consider making a few "test" contributions to gauge the
>> amount of
>> time and energy it will take you to get patches accepted; something
>> like a
>> patch for getting this <control-enter> key binding would be a good
>> start.
>
> Indeed, I've already started that process, by negotiating the shape
> of the
> patch to come and building consensus.  :) There's been some question
> as to
> what key combo should be used.  It seems that [modifier]-Enter is
> already in
> use and people are happy with it, so I'll go that direction despite
> my mild
> personal preference for <ESC>.

Check out the GUI plugins, they could be a fun way for you to learn
Tcl. You can customize a lot of the way the GUI works using them.  Key
bindings are easy.  You could check out the completion-plugin to see
how it does the Enter key binding, and then just use that to bind to
Esc.

http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/

http://download.puredata.info/completion-plugin

.hc