[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Tue Sep 27 02:16:58 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:26:27AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Check out the GUI plugins, they could be a fun way for you to learn Tcl.

Yes, this is actually one of my motivations. :)  I went through some of the
Pd tutorials a couple years ago, and have meant to get back into it for a
while.  Then recently, I gained a professional reason to learn Tcl, and it's
provided me with an excuse to dive into the Pd source code.  :)

> You can customize a lot of the way the GUI works using them.  Key
> bindings are easy.  You could check out the completion-plugin to see how
> it does the Enter key binding, and then just use that to bind to Esc.
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/
>
> http://download.puredata.info/completion-plugin

Unfortunately, this plugin is GPL'd.  I cannot create a derivative work from
it to supply to Vanilla.

Marvin Humphrey