[PD] pd forks WAS : Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 18:26:59 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

[...]

> To be fair, after that tooltips patch was submitted, Miller expressed his
> problem with how the patch was implemented.  No one ever bothered to follow up
> on that, so yes, that patch made no progress.

To be fair, the submitter of the patchasked for clarification on Miller's ambiguous
expression of his problem, and IOhannesrepeated the question four months later.
The last response before closing the patch comes five years later before the patch
is closed.

The patch was also refactored and submitted again, which I noticed and refactored it yet
again, doing most of the changes on the tcl end and making the tip content generate
automatically so that all internal objects and most externals give useful feedback without
anyone having to make any further changes or even do any work.

So I don't know, maybe this development process works, and by the time the next tooltips
patch rolls around you'll be able to check your email within the tip, and build patches inside
the tip with infinite undo/redo, as well as initbang/closebang within the tip.

-Jonathan