[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 27 17:34:43 CEST 2011

Le 2011-09-25 à 22:59:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> It's been forked-- four times (AFAIK).  Nova, DesireData, Pd-extended,
> and Pd-l2ork.  Two of those forks-- Nova and DesireData-- had explicitly
> stated goals which basically boiled down to being more responsive to the
> Pd community (in addition to many other things).

Have you ever looked at Nova ?

It's never been a branch of Pd in any sense, and it's never been
compatible with Pd except in very superficial ways : even MAX is more
Pd-like than Nova.

> The three clauses of the BSD license used by Pd Vanilla are compatible with both
> the GPL v2 & v3

Integrating GPL code with BSD code makes GPL the overall dominant license,
as in it has all the clauses of BSD and makes the most restrictions. The
BSD license still applies to any portions still under BSD license.

The pdextended license (GPL) doesn't say to which parts of the programme
it applies, and all the copyright/license notices I can find (in a bêta of
42) are all BSD. Changes & additions to BSD code don't have to be under
the BSD license, thus if it's not stated, it's somewhat harder to make any
assumptions...

That kind of license fuzz is tolerated because pd developers have no
expectation that lawyers ever have to put their nose in the project... and
even if they did, they would not have the background to know how to fix
it, or know which advice they can trust. I think that this is true of many
(if not most) open/free projects.