[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Wed Sep 28 07:23:43 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:43:06AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> The question with this patch then, is does it work fine on GNU/Linux and
> Windows?

I don't know.  I'm experienced with cross-platform development and I have a
Windows 7 dev environment available via a Bootcamp partition, so in theory I
could check.  It seems likely to work, but it has not been verified.  It's a
PITA to power down OS X and fire up Windows, so I don't do it very often.  No
X Windows box immediately available, either.

I don't see any unit tests.   Are there any?

> I really think the whole key handling code in both Tcl and C
> needs rewriting rather than patching.

I'm not prepared to offer an opinion on that, as I'm not yet sufficiently
familiar with the code base.

If we were to make such an attempt, I'd suggest preserving the existing
interface while changing the implementation.  And of course it would seem wise
to secure the blessing of Mr. Puckette in advance as to the general approach.

> Perhaps matju's answer is the way forward, making it based on the %K bind
> var rather the %k.

That seemed logical to me and I attempted to figure it out, but came up short.
Grepping the source for "%k" didn't turn up anything.  Grepping for "%K"
turned up the pd_bindings.tcl file, and I hacked from there.

> I added a couple more keys to your origin one:

Nice!

Marvin Humphrey