[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Sep 28 06:43:06 CEST 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 11:47 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:50:07AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> Le 2011-09-25 à 09:29:00, Marvin Humphrey a écrit :
>>
>>> The patch below fixes the problem.  I don't know if it's the right
>>> solution,
>>> though.
>>
>> Pd doesn't _have_ to pass keynums around like that. If the Tk code
>> were
>> sending Up/Down/Left/Right names as given by Tk's bind's %K
>> (uppercase),
>> then you wouldn't have to replicate in g_editor.c things that Tk
>> already
>> does as part of its portability layer.
>
> Ha, interesting.
>
> The patch below, which also achieves correct behavior of cursor keys
> under Snow
> Leopard, is an alternative to the patch supplied earlier.  This one
> has the
> advantage of removing the "#ifdef __APPLE__" code from src/
> g_editor.c, as the
> normalization is now achieved via Tk.  However, I don't yet
> understand all the
> ramifications, just as I did not with the last patch.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

The question with this patch then, is does it work fine on GNU/Linux
and Windows?  I really think the whole key handling code in both Tcl
and C needs rewriting rather than patching.  Perhaps matju's answer is
the way forward, making it based on the %K bind var rather the %k.

I added a couple more keys to your origin one: