[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Wed Sep 28 05:47:06 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:50:07AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Le 2011-09-25 à 09:29:00, Marvin Humphrey a écrit :
>
>> The patch below fixes the problem.  I don't know if it's the right solution,
>> though.
>
> Pd doesn't _have_ to pass keynums around like that. If the Tk code were
> sending Up/Down/Left/Right names as given by Tk's bind's %K (uppercase),
> then you wouldn't have to replicate in g_editor.c things that Tk already
> does as part of its portability layer.

Ha, interesting.

The patch below, which also achieves correct behavior of cursor keys under Snow
Leopard, is an alternative to the patch supplied earlier.  This one has the
advantage of removing the "#ifdef __APPLE__" code from src/g_editor.c, as the
normalization is now achieved via Tk.  However, I don't yet understand all the
ramifications, just as I did not with the last patch.

Marvin Humphrey