[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 27 17:50:07 CEST 2011

Le 2011-09-25 à 09:29:00, Marvin Humphrey a écrit :

> The patch below fixes the problem.  I don't know if it's the right solution,
> though.

Pd doesn't _have_ to pass keynums around like that. If the Tk code were
sending Up/Down/Left/Right names as given by Tk's bind's %K (uppercase),
then you wouldn't have to replicate in g_editor.c things that Tk already
does as part of its portability layer.

Afaik, %K and %N are portable, whereas %k is not portable. It's not a
matter of whether it's a number or not (%N is also a number), it's a
matter of whether the number is consistent on all platforms or not.

There might be slight compatibility differences in %K/%N too, but just the
unavoidable ones ; whereas %k could even change from keyboard to keyboard
on the same platform... there's not much of a guarantee on it.

DesireData used %K all over, except for the Keyboard View feature which
really had to use %k, if I recall correctly.