[PD] very compressed chip sounds

hardoff goes bananas hard.off at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 03:36:08 CEST 2011

yeah, i realize the limitations.  i think i did try it with a slower phasor
at first, but seemed to be getting compounded errors.

here's a revision that should keep going ok until you get float rounding
errors.  i remembered that [rpole~ 1] can be used as a sample-by-sample
accumulator (thanks to maelstorm for the tip on that! really handy trick!
see here:
http://puredata.hurleur.com/sujet-6194-sample-played-automated-varying-speed-detect-completion
)

the main dilemma here is that the patch runs at normal samplerate and
bitrate.

i think to get the sound close to the original code examples, you're going
to have to somehow force the calculations all to be done with 8bit floats,
rather than pd's internal 32 bit (or whatever)
I still can't get my head around how to do that.