[PD] very compressed chip sounds

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Tue Oct 18 16:39:19 CEST 2011

On 10/18/2011 03:36 AM, hardoff goes bananas wrote:

> the main dilemma here is that the patch runs at normal samplerate and
> bitrate.

lower samplerates are possible with smaller numbers as input for the
"counter", and rounding to int

> i think to get the sound close to the original code examples, you're going
> to have to somehow force the calculations all to be done with 8bit floats,
> rather than pd's internal 32 bit (or whatever)
> I still can't get my head around how to do that.

i got it a little closer to the original after applying & 0xff like in
the javascript on the site, and dividing by 256 (instead of scaling by
256 to fit into short), maybe there is still a lsb/msb issue though.

bis denn!
	martin