[PD] editing pd silence

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 14:12:38 CEST 2011

2011/10/22 saskia diez <saskia_diez at fastmail.fm>

>  With silence i mean "no sound" , Im using writesf~ because im my patch
> also generates sound , its not just silence.
>  The compositions im working on are 90 % silence and the rest subtle
> sounds.

Do the silent areas in your soundfile *look* like silence?
are all the samples  0?
Also, if you say subtle sounds, I suppose those are at a rather low volume.
I would suggest to make them as loud as possible (so that the loudest of
them is normalized to maximum amplitude (1)) and lower the volume in the end
stage (the amplifier you play it back on). In other words, optimize the
signal-to-noise ratio.
Tim