[PD] editing pd silence

saskia diez saskia_diez at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 22 14:39:31 CEST 2011

im not using adc~ , if i create an empty sound file (silence)
with writesf~  and then if i  listen to that file i listen
silence, i dont listen anything, but if i open that file in a
sound editor and then i save again as wav, it adds a hiss , a
very subtle hiss, you need to boost up volumen to be able to
listen it.

I just discover this since i bought a nice speakers, before i
havent realize that sound editors add that hiss.

Why is that? is it possible to avoid that?

cheers

--
saskia diez
[1]saskia_diez at fastmail.fm

On Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:12 PM, "tim vets"