[PD] Osx Lion PD-extended problem

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Oct 26 00:49:18 CEST 2011

You need to have localhost configured on your computer in order to use
Pd of any kind.  If you go to the Terminal, and type "ifconfig" and
hit enter, you should see something like this:

hans at dhcp-10 extra $ ifconfig
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
	inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
	inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
	inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128

.hc

On Oct 25, 2011, at 6:02 PM, Arda Eden wrote:

> With Pd-0.42.5-extended-macosx106-x86_64.dmg the actual error
> message is :
>
> localhost not found (inet protocol not installed ?)
>

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Arda Eden <ardaeden at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Both x86 and x86_64 versions are saying :
>
> ERROR: failed to allocate port, exiting !
>

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at
> > wrote:
>
> That's an odd one.  Which version of Pd-extended are you using?
> Have you tried a nightly build?
>
> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/
>
> .hc
>

> On Oct 25, 2011, at 5:17 PM, Arda Eden wrote:
>
> Today I encountered a problem with Pd-extended on Osx Lion today.
>
> Application not responding. When I run it from terminal I get "inet
> protocol not installed ?" message.
> Everything was fine with it when I last ran it. And no docs on the
> net.
> Any idea ?
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Arda EDEN
> Inonu University
> Faculty of Fine Arts and Design
> Department of Music Technology
> Malatya/TURKEY

> "[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
> government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
>

> --
> Arda EDEN
> Inonu University
> Faculty of Fine Arts and Design
> Department of Music Technology
> Malatya/TURKEY
>

> --
> Arda EDEN
> Inonu University
> Faculty of Fine Arts and Design
> Department of Music Technology
> Malatya/TURKEY

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf