[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 15:37:32 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----

Functionally there is no difference between altering a polygon's shape and
the way I am moving it.

> See help browser >> 4.data.structures/07.sequencer.pd. Then it
> is obvious that a polygon must be redrawn everytime.

It doesn't have to get deleted and recreated each time, does it?  Wouldn't
a single canvas coords subcommand be more efficient?

> In my view,
> changing shapes is much more imaginative than dragging fixed shapes
> around. But in live performance, it is easier to hit a 50*50 pix
> square on a touch screen and drag it around, than trying to pick a
> polygon's minuscule corner with a mouse.

If you're just moving shapes, you might consider doing everything in edit
mode with [cnv] objects-- it will be more efficient than data structures (which
still get deleted when moving them in edit mode-- don't understand that at all)
and you can track their position with the "get_pos" message.

-Jonathan