[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 00:39:51 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----

If by "that" you mean dragging in edit mode, then no.  If by "that" you mean
"getting user input by dragging a rectangle" then see also [grid], [vsl], [hsl] and
probably lots of others that I'm forgetting.

I think katja was using [tot] to get radiobutton to act as a draggable ui rectangle.

> Anyway, I think that it's better to concentrate on testing large sets of GUI
> elements because it is with those large sets that responsiveness problems do
> occur, and the CPU percentages are rarely obvious (not so proportional). The
> large sets ought to be as realistic as possible, though, not insane stress
> tests. But it's hard to be representative with Pd, because everybody is
> using Pd in a different way.
>
> Perhaps the MTL libraries (by Thomas O. Fredericks) could be good tests, because
> they contain a fair amount of sophisticated and useful GOP abstractions meant to
> be used by Pd users of all levels. But I have rarely used them personally.
>
>>  A tcl/tkzinc comparison would be nice, but I'd also like to see the
> results with a toolkit like Qt.  (Unfortunately I had trouble last time I tried
> to get the Qt dev stuff running on my laptop.)
>
> What was wrong with the Qt dev stuff ? I think that it might be enlightening to
> know that.

I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with it.  It had to do with
accidentally enabling a testing repo on my OS and ending up with some Qt libs
from one version and some from another.  From what I've seen so far Qt's documentation
is excellent, as are the development tools.

-Jonathan