[PD] OOP practices in Pure Data

abel.jerome at free.fr abel.jerome at free.fr
Wed Nov 30 13:31:09 CET 2011

Hi all,

All along years of practice, I've developped with Pd as well as object oriented languages.
Some methods and designs from OOP (object oriented programming) structure my patches, because I think they are very useful to clear thoughts and share patches. It is sometimes difficult to understand patches from other people, and more difficult when it is a complete project. Therefore I think it's quite "good" to link Pd programming with OOP.

In the same idea, I like those resources :
http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/TipsAndTricks
http://puredata.info/Members/bbogart/pddp
http://puredata.info/docs/style-guide
http://www.earcatching.com/pdconv/pdconv.pdf

Sharing practices is also very useful to help eachother and beginners people structure their code (and their thoughts).

Jerome
http://jeromeabel.net