[PD] pd64 debian lots of errors

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 20 14:53:23 CET 2011

On 2011-12-20 13:27, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> hi list
>
> i start pd which i made with dpkg out from
> Pd-0.43.1-extended-20111207.deb i found after searching the different
> 64er threats on the list.
>
> if i start it with pd -nogui it tells me:

you don't need "-nogui"..."-stderr" is probably more practical, as you
will still have the possibility to interact with your patch...

anyhow:

> verbose(5): Using /usr/lib/pd-extended/startup as startup.
> verbose(4): Loading /usr/lib/pd-extended/startup/0.libdir.pd_linux
> verbose(3): libdir loader 1.9
[...]
> verbose(3): PDP: pure data packet version 0.12.7
>
> there are some errors in the GEM loading, which i am not able to construe.

but until now, i haven't seen an error in the output.

> if i do
>
>  pd -nogui -path /home/markus/A2R/sone/Nhouse.rj/ -open
> /home/markus/A2R/sone/Nhouse.rj/_a.pd
>
> _a.pd is a patch that opens the _main patch.
>
> it says for different abstactions, which are placed in the -path folder
> for example:
>
> verbose(3): tclpd loader: searching for goasolo in path...
> verbose(3): tclpd loader: searching for goasolo/goasolo in path...
> verbose(3): tclpd loader: found nothing!

which only means that the "tclpd loader" is misbehaving, as it should
shut up (or at least only report at a higher verbosity level) if it
fails find anything.
assuming that you don't use any tcl-externals (if you don't know, you
most likely don't), you can safely ignore these.

> and ogg tells me:
>
> oggcast~: set server type to new Icecast2 (HTTP/1.0 scheme)
> oggcast~: 2 channels @ 44100 Hz, bitrates: max. 144 / nom. 128 / min. 96
> oggcast~: 2 channels @ 44100 Hz, quality 0.80
> oggcast~: connecting to port 8000
> error: oggcast~: connection failed!

which could simply mean that [oggcast~] couldn't connect to an icecast
server. is the server running? do you point to correct server? do you
provide the correct password?

fgmasdr
IOhannes