[PD] Fwd: no pd?? WTF ????

APO33 info at apo33.org
Wed Jan 4 21:56:15 CET 2012

The important point here, it's that it doesn't cost anything to put pd
or supercollider on your mac or pc. you download it, install it and
use it! here we go.
so why those places (institutions, festival...etc), people... decided
to refuse art project that use free software (free and libre) or
create facilities, studios...space for artists, musicians,
students...etc that don't include those softwares? (specially in the
case of BEK, there are 100% aware of the existence of those software
as piksel & bek was one entity before).
it sound like a position against free software (more or less clear
depend the people/institutions...).

Obviously there is different vision of the world, I dunno about
revolution (not sure about that one either as sevy said) but it looks
like that there is people out there that are pissed off of the free
software (specially the freshly floss art community - around 5 to 8
years more or less) community excluding the artists and programmers
from the proprietary software community (is there such community?)
from their institutions(?), festivals, conferences...etc.

It could looks like a vendetta (unconscious?) related to some
frustration of not being part of the BUZZ ;-) (trying to make a bigger
one by refusing free software)...

Interesting threat indeed, many of you had heard already some max/msp
users complaining of not being able to come and present their things
in some of the festival/symposium/gig/conference...etc out there that
promote free software...(strongly recommended?)

Do you know any sociologist working on some of those issues? sound
like a very rich subject!!

cheers

Julien

--