[PD] sdtout converts symbol with space to list

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Feb 7 17:24:13 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-07 à 17:08:00, Cyrille Henry a écrit :

> pd did not have any escape character to deal with space.
> this is a generic problem more than a bug.

The parser knows how to parse backslash space to mean a space within a
symbol, but the printer doesn't handle it.

Additionally, third-party parsers in other languages don't support
blackslash space, except the one I wrote in Tcl.

> so, you should find dirty hack to avoid problem. if you have only a
> symbol, then it's not a problem to split it to a list and make back a
> symbol thanks to symbol2list and list2symbol.

Il y a aussi [#import] et/ou [#sprintf], avec [#to_l], pour faire des
listes d'octets.