[PD] Thoughts in conclusion of the 4th Pure Data

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Feb 10 15:40:09 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-10 à 10:08:00, hans w. koch a écrit :

> nothing against noobs or stepsequencers, but in my oldfashioned way, i
> think that pd or max have a learning curve no matter how nice they look.

Most of all, they have a very useful learning curve. It's the kind of
learning curve of programming languages : quite steep at the beginning (in
the case of total newbies), but once you get past that, the curve goes on
indefinitely, so that you can get any amount of payoff if you do the
appropriate learning...

... wwhereas for other software, the curve just stops somewhere and after
that you're doomed.