[PD] import and search paths - 0.43 on debian

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:17:41 CET 2012

I know this has probably often been debated but...

I can't seem to understand the logic for which [import] fails with an
error e.g.:

[import]: ERROR: can't load library in monlib

and doesn't for others.

This is on debian with libraries installed from respective packages, and
are all in /usr/lib/pd/extra

I may be missing something about the behaviour of [import] but the
apparently herratic behaviour makes understanding this hard.

Of course all the libs could be imported by prefixing them such as
[osc/packOSC] but then opening the help patch won't find [udpsend] which
should then be [iemnet/udpsend] etc. having a single [import iemnet osc]
would make much more sense. If it worked.

Lorenzo.