[PD] problem with flatgui/entry object

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Feb 14 19:17:25 CET 2012

What you see if the conflict between the Tcl/Tk focus model in the entry widget, and Pd's custom focus model handled completely separately from Tcl/Tk.  The focus issue doesn't happen in play mode, only edit mode, so its something you'll have to live with when using that object.

Some day I hope to finish the tkwidgets library, which aims to address stuff like this.  Contributes are welcome :)

.hc

On Feb 14, 2012, at 11:54 AM, Julian Brooks wrote:

> Yip yip - same here on PDE 0.43.1-extended-20120126.
>
> Presumed it was my busted 9.10 puredyne install tbh.
>
> Julian
>
> On 14 February 2012 16:42, Husk 00 <husk00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm using entry object from flatgui library with Pd-extended 0.43 (latest autobuild) on a ubuntu 11.10.
> The object don't loose the focus on it, so when I write something inside it and I click out but still doing some action in the canvas (maybe writing in some other msg box or object) it continues to get my keyboard signal.
> This weird behavior doesn't happen on Mac Os X 10.6 with a Pd 0.42-5.
> Is this a bug? someone else could try it before fill a bug report please?
> thanks
> husk
>
> --
> "when Art become pratical, we call it technology, when Technology become useless we call it Art"
> Song hojun
>
> www.estereotips.net

"A cellphone to me is just an opportunity to be irritated wherever you are." - Linus Torvalds