[PD] bonk~

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 05:47:49 CET 2012

Hi Joe,

When you're searching for a good "minvel" setting, you should watch
the 2nd number in the list from bonk's right outlet.  Then play a few
sample notes on the instrument you're trying to track to get a sense
of typical velocities.

The threshold setting is a little less intuitive.  To find the best
values for that, you have to get a sense of how the sum of growth in
all frequency bands is changing over time.  I made the attached patch
to explain this in a class, and it might be helpful for you.  You'll
have to download my [tabletool] extern for it to work though, which
you can get here:

http://williambrent.conflations.com/pages/research.html#tabletool