[PD] distorted sine on OSX 2.6.8 with firewire interface

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at inm.mh-freiburg.de
Thu Feb 16 14:01:13 CET 2012

Hi Roman,

Am Thursday, den 16. February 2012 um 13:27:49 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Roman Haefeli:
> Hi Orm
>
> What version of OS X is that? Do you mean 10.6.8?

Yes of course it's 10.6.8, sorry about that!

> As an only occasional Mac user myself, it's probably just a shot in the
> dark, but have you tried playing around with the sample rates of Pd and
> your soundcard? Could it be that the sample rates are not synced for
> some reason? Does the sound of the distortion change when changing the
> sample rate?

I'll try that. We don't have any Macs in the studio so I'll forward
this to the students to check it out and send me a soundfile with the
distorted sound. I don't really know how a wrong endinanness will
affect the sound of the sine wave but we'll see...

--
Orm