[PD] sigmund list sort

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Feb 18 17:28:17 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-18 à 16:19:00, labyrinthuscochlearis a écrit :

> what would be a good way to transform sigmund~'s peaks output so that I
> get a list with peak amplitudes but in the ascending order of the
> corresponding frequencies?

GridFlow's [#grade] gives you a list of item numbers in the order that you
need to pick them so that they be sorted. This can be used for sorting a
table with multiple columns according to one column, whereas other sorting
tools in Pd might only support sorting individual values.

   http://gridflow.ca/help/%23grade-help.html

You will need the appropriate conversion from list to grid (a kind of
super-list type) and grid to list. Also, [#store] is a great shortcut for
reordering elements using the output of [#grade].

This uses a plugin that you'd download from http://gridflow.ca/