[PD] old editing features of Pd-extended 0.43

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Feb 18 18:58:51 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-18 à 12:25:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> On Feb 18, 2012, at 11:54 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> Le 2012-02-17 à 15:02:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>> First off, the pd-gui side of Pd has been re-written from scratch.
>
>> You don't state which part of the pd-gui has been rewritten from
>> scratch, which obscures the fact that a large fraction of it hasn't
>> been rewritten.
>
> I only claim that the code for the 'pd-gui' process was rewritten, which
> is was.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The most important/central parts
might have been rewritten, but much of the code in the 'pd-gui' process
hasn't been touched at all.

This kind of claim involves a distinction between « rewrite of the code »
and « rewrite of all the code » that might be clear in your head but is
misleading to nearly anyone who reads your announcements.

> Every aspect of Pd's GUI was not rewritten.  As I mentioned in that
> email, that is a target for some of us for 0.44.

I am *not* talking about this.

> Where did I take credit for that?  Sorry if there was confusion there.
> Pd and Pd-extended are the work of many people, I am just one of them.
> The pd-gui rewrite was also the work of at least 5 people.

Ok, let's put this way : the way you said it and the way you still say it,
you give credit to the pd-extended team for things that the pd-vanilla
team has done well before pd-extended started existing.