[PD] minicomputers for pd + gem (linux)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Feb 19 18:39:25 CET 2012

On 02/17/12 21:43, Andy Farnell wrote:
> As Ubuntu continues to get heavier I heartily recommend
> you look at stock Debian Squeeze with a lite window manager
> if you want to use the machine for artistic work, rather than
> as a general purpose desktop.

as a system administrator i think "Debian squeeze" is a great
distribution to run my servers.

as an artist working with multimedia content, i would rather go with
something more "experimental", namely "Debian wheezy" (aka "testing").
in reality i usually run "Debian wheezy/sid" (aka "testing/unstable"),
but then i'm doing debian development and the like (so this might be a
bit too "hot" for ordinary users)

wheezy usually has up-to-data packages, e.g. you get Pd-0.43.1

note however, that since testing is a moving target, you might get
masses of updates every other week.

mfg.sv
IOhannes