[PD] [PD-announce] new editing features of Pd-extended 0.43, now in beta!

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:16:37 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> You're using the 64-bit Mac OS X version.  That won't be a full release in
> 0.43 since there are some issues porting things away from Carbon that won't
> be resolved in time.  The 64-bit version means you can address huge amounts
> of memory, but with 0.43 it means you will not have:

Ah, got it.  The i386 version works for me (I think the naming is a bit
weird though, since I'm in OS X 10.7, not 10.5.  It'd make more sense by
appending the architecture, not OS X version), including gem and all other
externals I tried so far (cpuload was missing, but that was already
reported).  The magic glass is really nifty!  Saves alot of otherwise
pointless number boxes.

One thing of concern however is the cpu usage when DSP is on and there are
no patches open - Pd-0.43.1-extended-20120220 reports ~ 17%
while Pd-0.43.1-vanilla reports 7%.  What could be the cause of that?

Cheers,
Rich