[PD] note detection

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:56:57 CET 2012

Hi Joe,

On 21/02/12 10:17, joe higham wrote:
> Hi @ PD List
>
> I'd love to hear from anyone with some information on objects and note detection. I've been messing around with fiddle~ and sigmund~ but nothing is really precise enough.
Depends on what you mean by 'precise enough'. If that means someone
palying a piano piece and [someonject] spitting out exactly the notes
played by the player AFAIK it is impossible with the audio input only.
>   It would be fantastic to have an object that recognises pitch or pitches so as to play in chords or single notes (pitches) that then could be detected and used as
> needed via patches.
>
> Any suggestions? Or maybe Miller has an idea of an object or something to add to the system that could be of use?
It would help to have a little more background and understand the
requirements. "pitch detection" can be a very broad term...

Lorenzo