[PD] C++ for reusable dsp lib - or better use C?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 22 20:03:27 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-22 à 09:05:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> That's great news.
>
> Would you mind giving me the link to the stable, actively maintained
> library that makes Qt available for Tcl?  I look forward to testing it
> out.

I'm not responsible for every project or category of projects that I
mention, so I can't guarantee you that any of those wrappers are well-made
or worth using.

Tcl may be one of the lesser languages for Qt. The intersection of Tcl and
Qt users is somewhat small, but even so, there are multiple projects about
the same thing.

First look at http://wiki.tcl.tk/2181

Skip over TclQt, it's a windows binary thing that doesn't come with source
(even though it's on SF.net) and it's very old. There's another one named
Tq that is supposedly better but it's commercial and probably abandoned.

Look at Qtcl. The source is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtcl/ and I
could get it to compile after I installed qmake and libqt4-dev. I didn't
try it.

If Qtcl works well, it could be a possible path for speeding up the GUI,
by replacing Tk entirely, but keeping Tcl (which is easier than changing
everything at once). But there are other paths (the ones I suggested
recently).