[PD] OT - C++ for reusable dsp lib - or better use C?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 22:51:58 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

When does the recompiling actually happen?  In pd-extended 0.43 If I start editing a patch with a subpatch
that's already full of 700 or so [osc~] objects that are outputting to a bus, I can continue
patching in the main canvas (with the subpatch unvis'd) and creating signal objects there,
connect those signal objects to the [dac~] and ramp up and get no dropouts at all.  I also
don't get dropouts if I remove a signal object that was instantiated before all the signal objects
in subpatch were instantiated, and rapidly redo/undo.

Is Pd recompiling the graph every time I create a new tilde object?

-Jonathan