[PD] some observations and questions on Pd-ext 0.43.1 beta

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Fri Mar 9 14:44:18 CET 2012

> > We had to do $ pd-extended -nrt to get rid of the real time.
> > Why this happens?
>
> I experience the same.

Ok, then I don't think this should be a feature, or is it already?

> > - is Flatspace being removed from Pd-ext?
> > I couldn't find it in the extra folder. I needed it for [line3]
>
> From what I know, flatspace has been removed, but the class should be
> still found at its original location.
>
> I just checked. It seems that it is from nusmuk, but there is no nusmuk
> library in the current autobuilds. Don't know if it was every included
> as a library.

mm, that's weird. On my machine pd-ext 42.5 [line3] is in flatspace and not
in nusmuk.
I doubt I could have moved it unintentionally.

> > - The GUI has a bad responsiveness, nbx are slow, sliders and graphs are
> > updated every 1 second or similar. Usually it works flawlessly both on
> > Linux 10.04 and older and OSX.
> > Is this being experienced by someone else with the same system?
>
> I am on ubuntu 11.04 and do not experience this. Does this also happen
> with only a tiny patch loaded or only when the Xth sense stuff is
> loaded?

That distro was 11.10 which apparently is worst than 11.04 (dunno I never
tried it).
The graphs had hard time updating the data in any case, but what's more
strange is that the cpu load with the Xth Sense was not over 40%.
(Although it would easily get over 100% with an easy input processing using
Unity).

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.