[PD] some observations and questions on Pd-ext 0.43.1 beta

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:15:21 CET 2012

On 09/03/12 14:44, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

>     > We had to do $ pd-extended -nrt to get rid of the real time.
>     > Why this happens?
>
>     I experience the same.

So do I
> Ok, then I don't think this should be a feature, or is it already?
I wonder if this is somehow related to the ~/.pdextended file being
ignored (see my email sent yesterday) , maybe the -rt flag is in some
unknown config file?
I must say personally don't dislike this (default rt), I very often
start with rt and place it in the startup flags. But I guess it's a
matter of taste/needs

>     > - is Flatspace being removed from Pd-ext?
>     > I couldn't find it in the extra folder. I needed it for [line3]
>
>     From what I know, flatspace has been removed, but the class should be
>     still found at its original location.
>
>     I just checked. It seems that it is from nusmuk, but there is no
>     nusmuk
>     library in the current autobuilds. Don't know if it was every included
>     as a library.
>

> mm, that's weird. On my machine pd-ext 42.5 [line3] is in flatspace
> and not in nusmuk.
> I doubt I could have moved it unintentionally.
A quick search on the last 0.42.5 I had, places it in nusmuk over here too.

>     > - The GUI has a bad responsiveness, nbx are slow, sliders and
>     graphs are
>     > updated every 1 second or similar. Usually it works flawlessly
>     both on
>     > Linux 10.04 and older and OSX.
>     > Is this being experienced by someone else with the same system?

Not over here. I am running Debian wheezy basically since XFCE since.

Lorenzo.